Thursday, June 3, 2010

Glass Photo Coasters


Good way to start a post don't you think?

Last weekend I think I sweated and took more showers than I have ever before!

It was one hot, sweaty, humid weekend here in St.Louis!

But then that is nothing new for those in this area...it just sometimes really hits you how hot and gross it is.lol


Besides sweating alot I've been busy at work on some Father's Day projects.

Here's a peek at one I will share with you very soon.



I made this for my local newspaper, The Post Dispatch and think it will be a hit! They'll be keepsake boxes popping up everywhere after next weekend!lol
But I promised to share with you an idea...this one is not only cute but serves a purpose! After all...most guys I know tend to have a drink of some sort in their hands!lol

Here's more examples...

Glass Photo Coasters

Supply List:

Glass Coaster Set from Michael's Craft Store
Scrapbook Papers & Stickers from Bo Bunny
Wallet size photos
Plaid Mod Podge
Foam Brush
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Tape Runner

Cut papers to fit on top of glass coaster. Print photos in a wallet size or use up your left over wallet photos from school pictures. Adhere paper and photo layers together with Tape Runner. Brush a light coat of Mod Podge onto glass and on back of paper. Press onto glass smoothing it out. Allow time to dry. Apply 2-3 light layers of Mod Podge onto top of paper and photo to seal onto glass.


Be sure to check in this weekend and next week for my craft gift projects for Dad!

No comments :

Post a Comment