Thursday, January 24, 2013

Craftsy - 25% Off Custom Yoke Sweater Class

View Online
Custom Yoke Sweater


Amy
Amy Detjen

Expert
Knitter
ALSO TRY:
Custom
Cabled
Pullovers
The
Seamless
Artemisia
Sweater
Top-Down
Icelandic
Sweater

January 23, 2013
Stunning Sweater, No Sweat!
Things I love: the color purple, Plum-a-Granate Snapple, and the sweater I designed for my new online Craftsy class, Custom Yoke Sweater. Join me, Amy Detjen, and use my professional techniques to knit your own gorgeous sweater with a personalized yoke in lovely colors.


Class detail
In my class, we'll first fill out our sweater measurements worksheet, and then swatch and record stitch and row gauges. Next, I'll show you how to customize your sweater measurements and fit. We'll do a long-tail cast on, and see how to use the String Thing to keep track of rows. Then, we'll knit the body in the round from the bottom up using increases, decreases, and phony seams, before we put stitches on hold at the underarm. I'll demonstrate knitting the sleeves, joining the body and sleeves onto one needle, and using short rows in the yoke. After that, we'll dive into stranded knitting—reading charts, changing colors, trapping yarns, and making perfect stranded floats. Then, you'll select stitch patterns, colors, and placement for the yoke before you see how to knit it. In the next lesson, we'll look at how to knit the hem facing. Sign up for Custom Yoke Sweater, and you'll also learn to finish your sweater with a sewn bind off for the neck, Kitchener underarm seams, and more. And don't forget to pick up a kit of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport Yarn that I selected just for my class!

Class detail
While I was in college, I was wandering around a mall that had an antique sale going on. At that time, I had recently lost my mother, and as I passed by an assortment of China, I stopped and picked up a Havalind plate, which immediately reminded me of my mother and the China that we ate on during every Christmas. The shop owner saw my face well up with emotion, and she said, "Don't cry, just sit and knit with me for a minute." To which I replied, "I don't know how." But, I sat down anyway, and through a certain stroke of serendipity, I could knit. Later, I found out from my sisters that my mother had actually taught me to knit; I just didn't remember. Today, I assist Meg Swansen at her Knitting Camp (and have done so for 18 years), teach my own knitting classes across the country, have co-authored a variety of books on knitting, and I couldn't be more excited to connect with you in my new Craftsy class!


Class detail
The beautiful thing about Craftsy is that once you sign up for a class, you own it forever, so there's no time pressure, and you can always come back to it. And if you have questions during class, just ask them, and I'll be there to give you answers and help you troubleshoot. Another wonderful part of Craftsy is the excellent camerawork and still shots that make every little detail totally clear. If at any point you're like, "wait, I didn't get that," you can just turn on the thirty-second repeat feature, and see the technique over again until you feel comfortable with it. You can also use the video notes to catalog important points in the lessons, and return to them with just a click. I know we're going to have a great time together in class, but if you decide it's not what you expected, you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked.

Enroll in Custom Yoke Sweater today for 25% off, and knit a fun, fabulously fit sweater with splendid stranded colorwork at the yoke, cuffs, and hem!

Amy Detjen | Craftsy Instructor

Buy Custom Yoke Sweater >>

No comments :

Post a Comment