Sunday, October 28, 2012

Entrelac Knitting Class 25% Off

Entrelac Knitting



Gwen
Gwen Bortner

Author of
Entrée to Entrelac
ALSO TRY:
Knitting
With Beads
The Fair
Isle Vest
Celtic
Cables

October 27, 2012
Add Entrelac to Your Knitting Repertoire
If you know how to knit and purl, you can do entrelac, trust me! My name is Gwen Bortner, and I'm here with my online Craftsy class, Entrelac Knitting, to teach you how easy entrelac truly is. Learn my tips and tricks of the trade to add this elegant technique to your repertoire, and become a better knitter along the way as we work together to improve your existing skills.


Class detail
Entrelac is a beautiful technique used to form a checkerboard of interlocking, multi-directional squares. It's a method that is deceptively easy, and I'm here to demystify its difficult reputation. In this class, learn all the techniques you need to begin your entrelac adventure. Along the way, I have a feeling your previous thoughts about entrelac will change, and who knows, you might even think about knitting in a whole new way! In Entrelac Knitting, make three different projects using this fabulous technique. First, make a lovely cowl, to learn all the ins and outs of entrelac. Then, move onto the second project, an infinity scarf. This pattern elaborates your seamless entrelac work and teaches you how to add in various texture stitches. Finally, create an elegant cape that I designed exclusively for Craftsy! This project shows you how to handle entrelac while also knitting in lace work. Throughout this course I teach my tricks to simplify entrelac and improve your knitting. Learn backward knitting, reversible entrelac, how to shape and add texture, entrelac lace, edging, and how to create buttonholes. I also teach useful skills that you can apply to any of your favorite projects, like the invisible pickup, working with negative ease, pick up and purl, and more!

Class detail
Entrelac knitting and teaching are two of my life's passions, which is why I am so excited about this Craftsy class --- it combines both! I am a traveling teacher, instructing knitting classes throughout the country. I am lucky enough to have been published in a variety of popular knitting magazines, and have authored a book that is all about entrelac. Whether I'm teaching at a local yarn store or at a national knitting convention, meeting new people and sharing my love of knitting is one of my greatest joys. I just cannot wait to get into this course and help you explore entrelac.


Class detail
Even though Craftsy classes are online, they are fully interactive. That means you can ask me (and your classmates) questions as you navigate through the course. It truly is a great way to get advice, insight, and help from the Craftsy community. Once you sign up for a Craftsy class, your registration never expires. That means you can watch Craftsy's high-definition videos whenever you want, however many times you want, based on your schedule. If you're not happy, Craftsy will refund your money, no questions asked.

Check entrelac off your knitting bucket list; sign up for Entrelac Knitting today for 25% off!

Gwen Bortner | Craftsy Instructor

Buy Entrelac Knitting >>

No comments :

Post a Comment